[nfbcs] Grub Question:

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 18 13:29:51 UTC 2015

I've never heard of backtrack and there's no package with that name
available for ubuntu linux. It could be an open source project out there
somewhere. In that case, it would have to be downloaded from their web
site and compiled.

I took an ethical hacking course a few years ago. All the tools were
Windows tools. But I got the instructor to allow me to find and use the
linux equivalents. In fact, he was glad I did that so he could use some
of my ideas in the future. I think if you get an open minded instructor,
you can get him to give you a lot of leeway.

In my class, I leared how to do things like be the man-in-the-middle to
steal passwords and to chage the root password on a server after booting
from a live CD. All that stuff is done better/easier with linux than
Windows.

John Heim, jheim at math.wisc.edu, skype:john.g.heim