[nfbcs] Very puzzled before updating

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Mon Dec 21 00:00:59 UTC 2015

Try looking at back up settings.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 20, 2015, at 3:32 PM, Jim Portillo via nfbcs <nfbcs at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hi there.

Remember yesterday when I asked about some issues regarding the tablet I was
going to update for my friend?  Well, I'm quite puzzled after something I
saw, which I frankly don't understand.

This is a Dell Venue 8.1, solid state hard drive, 32GB.  It's exactly like
the one I bought for myself a year or so ago, with which I've had absolutely
no problems, even when updating.

When I was about to update to Windows 10, I got a message saying that I
needed at least 8GB in order to perform the update.  My friend is not very
technologically inclined, and the only things that were installed so far
were JAWS and Windows Live Mail.  So, I checked the PC settings, and that
told me I had about 4GB available because the other 23GB were taken up or
being used.

How?  There's absolutely no way that can be.  I checked the programs.  The
only other thing was MS Office and whatever other MS and Dell programs.  I
went to try and free up disk space, and I deleted some of the apps I know
she won't use.Including the mail app.

So, what could be going on, or what is making this tablet use up so much
memory?  For all intents and purposes, it's never been used.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

Jim