[nfbcs] CSUN next week!

George osocalmo at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Feb 26 10:45:05 UTC 2015

Hello,

Amedia, Japan will be at CSUN (Booth 919), showing its new products for
the visually impaired.

Lately, Amedia has put two assistive products for the visually impaired
on the market and they will show them.
If you are attending CSUN conference (March 3-6, 2015) you may meet
Amedia Staff at booth 919.
https://www.csun.edu/cod/conference/2015/rebooking/index.php/public/exhibitors/view/297

One is YMB, an OCR amplifying and talking machine. It magnifies the
material scanned and reads with a clear voice. It recognizes and reads
printed material in English,
Japanese, Chinese and Korean with clear voices.
Since it uses a built-in scanner to capture the images, it is much
easier for totally blind persons to use than camera-using devices.

End user Price: USD2600.
Please consult the following URL on Amedia's website for details.
http://www.amedia.co.jp/english/ymbint.html

Another is iYomube, an iPhone application that reads material written in
English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean. It can be purchased from the
Apple Store for less than USD30.
https://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/iyomube/id774360278?l=en&mt=8

Amedia will also show another product still under development: Amedia
Reader, which is a camera-type OCR amplifying machine.

Regards,
George