[nfbcs] quick question on strings

Jorge Paez jorgeapaez1994 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:09:11 UTC 2015

Hi all:
OK, so apart from learning several web related languages I'm also
working on  learning the BGT gaming engine from Blastbay.
Its a freeware engine for creating audio games which is built on a
script that apparently is loosely built on C++ according to the
programmer behind it.
Anyway, here's my question.
I'm working on tweeking the beginner "hello script" so to speak.
This is the hello script the way they teach It in the documentation.

void main()
{
alert("Hello", "I am a BGT script!");
}

What I'm trying to do is just use that and learn a couple of things
from that by doing minor tweeks which is how I teach myself code.
Basically what I want to do here is give the script a name, so it'll
say "hello, my name is Amy, and I'm a BGT script!" kind of following
the way that synths introduce themselves.
This text would be printed on the screen in the form of a dialogue box
the same way the first script does it.
I created a naming string and then I'm trying to get that incorporated
into the message but so far the engine keeps returning me errors.
Any ideas?
The code as I have it right now is below.

void main()
{
string get; string my_name="Amy";

alert("Hello", "I am " + get string my_name+  ",a BGT script!");
}

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jorge