[nfbcs] C++ tutorials?

Joseph C. Lininger devnull-nfbcs at pcdesk.net
Thu Mar 26 04:37:01 UTC 2015

Yes, and no. First, I don't often develop Windows apps for end users. I
don't have any in distribution at the moment, actually. Even if I did
though, if it's a command line style tool then distributing cygwin1.dll
with your app is often enough to make things work. The Open SSH port to
windows works like that, for example. It's developed under cygwin, and
they just distribute a dll with it to make everything work. You can also
use MinGW; that's another option for cross-platform development if you
like the GNU toolset like I do.

If you're going to write GUI programs, then you'll probably want to use
something like Visual Studio or possibly eclipse.