[nfbcs] web forms slow with JAWS 16

Ryan Mann rmann0581 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 18:19:31 UTC 2015

Hello.  I am working on a computer with Windows 7 Professional 32-bit,
JAWS 16 and Internet Explorer 11. The processor is an Intel 2 GHZ
processor with 2 cores with 2 GB RAM.  When I am trying to fill out
forms with JAWS, it takes at least a few seconds for JAWS to tell me
each letter  I am typing.  An example of a form I have tried is
http://www.freedomscientific.com/Training/Surfs-Up/WebTrack.htm.  When
I use the NVDA screen reader, I am able to type into the same form
with no problem.  This makes me think this is a JAWS problem.  I have
already tried uninstalling JAWS and shared components then
reinstalling JAWS, but the problem with forms hasn't gone away.  I've
tried resetting Internet Explorer, but that didn't help.  Is there
anything else I can try?