[nfbcs] Frequent JAWS crashes when using Microsoft products

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Tue Oct 6 17:13:59 UTC 2015

I would suspect the add-in. We use Outlook 2010 here at NLS and with recent versions of Window-Eyes it has become quite stable. But just this morning I had a warning message about a "COM surrogate" related to the McAfee add-in that the Library of Congress uses with Outlook. That's the first time I've seen that error, though. Window-Eyes has to use an add-in with Outlook, and I don't know whether JAWS needs one or not.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20542   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls/
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.