[nfbcs] Play A Video

Gregory Kearney gkearney at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:39:50 UTC 2015

I tried this with VoiceOver on a Mac as was able to play it through a rather unusual set of steps. VoiceOver landed on the "play" links. The top of the page is a rotating set of videos so the first such link is really just a normal link which starts a new screen with the video, the second play link will not start with the usual VoiceOver method VO-spacebar however. Rather you must align the VoiceOver cursor and the mouse cursor together (this can be set to happen all the time) and then do a VO-Shift-spacebar to click the mouse on the play control. From there the video stats.

I assume that JAWS, WindowEyes and NVDA also offer a similar set of commands to bring the reading cursor and the mouse together and then click the mouse button at that location.

Commonwealth Braille & Talking Book Cooperative
Greg Kearney, General Manager
#320, 185-911 Yates Street
Victoria, BC V8V 4Y9
CANADA