[nfbcs] help with X11 forwarding

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Thu Sep 17 15:55:32 UTC 2015

The only way the orca support people will be helpful, is if you are already running orca.

I do think it is worth finding out exactly what the plan is for these VM's. If the VM needs to be able to run X applications other then the browser, then you may need to go down the orca route. If the only X application will be the browser, then I would suggest seeing if your professor can get you working with a browser on your windows box, and then SSH to your VM for everything else.

It's also worth knowing that orca only works with applications built on the gnome or KDE stack. You may not know what that means, but your professor might.

I notice a lot of information, hoping it's helpful.

Jim

Written While on the Move