[nfbcs] Help to use orca...

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 11:02:33 UTC 2016

I'm using the laptop keyboard layout for Orca and caps-lock+space does
bring up the preferences for Orca. You say you're using a laptop, but
you didn't say if you switched your Orca keyboard settings to laptop
mode. If not, try insert+space. If that doesn't work, run orca -s from a
command prompt. BTW, what desktop are you using? Unity, Gnome and Mate
all work on Ubuntu and are accessible with Orca.

On 29/04/16 05:39, ronak shah via nfbcs wrote:
> Hey there.
> I have just started to use ubuntu 14.04 with orca...
> I m trying to navigate through orca shortcut kees but its not working
> efficiently. I tried opening orca preferences menu by pressing
> capslock+space as i m useing laptop. So if any one could help me out by
> suggesting ways to open orca prefrences menu, that would be a great help
> and also if you could sent me a link of tutorial for basic orca use in
> ubuntu 14.04 version as i have just started to use it.
>
> Thanks a tun.
> Regards.
> Ronak

Christopher (CJ)