[nfbcs] SharePoint with JAWS

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Aug 8 20:44:22 UTC 2016

Some employers especially D.O.D. components have deployed their own
versions of jaws and have substantial restrictions on which versions of
jaws can be used on any given machine at any given time.  These versions
have had security patches added to them.  As a result, anyone using any
of these versions of jaws is likely to have issues unknown to the
general jaws-using population especially when evaluating any new
technology be it on their desktops or on the internet.  If it's a
corporate employer you're likely to have a much wider possibility to get
help from the larger community since corporate versions of jaws haven't
been subjected to D.O.D. modifications.  This is also why commercial
versions of jaws cannot be used for accessibility within D.O.D., a
tester will have to use a D.O.D. version to be assured of accurate
results.