[nfbcs] SharePoint with JAWS

Jeffrey D. Stark jds.listserv at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 19:27:06 UTC 2016

Just as a piece of commentary, I tend to favour the term "usable with JAWS"
as opposed to "Accessible" because in most cases what large organisations
are asking is does it meet the accessibility guidelines (that refer to all
kinds of disabilities and needs - not just blind/jaws users) but think if
they send a JAWS user through a site that they meet the requirement.

Now that I'm off my high horse... one of the challenges is that sharepoint
can be used to "make" a bunch of different things; or to put it another
way.... sharepoint can be used in a lot of different ways.  It can be used
as a website content management system, a file repository or replacement for
shared drives, as a team site, as a wiki or blog... etc.  So helping with
how to use sharepoint is also kind of going to be a bit obscure.   There are
also tons of 3rd party modules or add-ons that can add additional
functionality.

While it's a little old; this article might be a good starting point:
http://blog.blackspheretech.com/?p=53

It would also help us to know what modules, customisations and purpose they
see sharepoint being used for.