[nfbcs] Fwd: Collecting Information for Microsoft's new CAO

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Feb 24 12:05:28 UTC 2016

You never installed OSx 10.4 on an Apple computer.  Otherwise you would
not have made that statement.
There are several ways Microsoft could have implemented a talking
install of Windows but didn't.  I wrote about a couple of them on the
blind-l list over a year ago.
I know what I'm writing here because I did a talking install of OSX 10.4
back in 2008 when I bought my Mac Mini which unfortunately is no longer
alive.

For those that don't know, on any OSX operating system 10.4 and above if
you put the operating system dvd in the dvd drive and wait too long and
your computer is properly plugged up and powered up, VoiceOver comes on
and starts asking you questions.  I was able to answer all of those with
the keyboard and that's how that works.

In fact, as a result of email I wrote on blind-l back in 2008 the National
Federation Of The Blind investigated Apple computers with Voiceover on
them and found the negative articles in the Braille Forum and the Braille
Monitor to be baseless.  How I found out about those articles because I
don't read either publication was because National Federation Of The
Blind's legal representatives contacted me by email and I was able to give
them a clue that got those articles investigated and subsequently
discredited. I've been there; done that, and have the T-shirt to prove it.