[nfbcs] flatbed scanner recommendation

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 4 20:00:55 UTC 2016

I asked about scanners on the tech talk list here at the UW  and
somebody offered to just give me a CanoScan LiDE20. He says it doesn't
have drivers for Win7. According to the sane web site, the CanoScan
LiDE20      is completely supported in linux. So problem solved, I guess

That's how I got my last scanner too. Someone just gave me a scanner
because it didn't have drivers for XP. That was about 15 years ago. The
scanner finally broke down but it's still supported in linux.