[nfbcs] Mac with Windows Virtual Machine was RE: The Mac Beckens

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 20:43:20 UTC 2016

I wasn't aware there was a partnership between Microsoft and Freedom
Scientific. There is a partnership between GW Micro and Microsoft
though. As explained on the web page
http://www.gwmicro.com/News_&_Events/Latest_News/?newsNo=299 there's a
partnership between GW Micro and Microsoft where MS Office users can get
a free copy of Window Eyes.

On 18/01/16 12:31, Bryan Duarte via nfbcs wrote:
> Robby,
>
> You are correct Microsoft Office has been made accessible for Voiceover users. I have been using a mac for almost a decade now and I have not found any slow responses with the functionality of Voiceover. There is definitely a learning curve as with any new operating system or piece of technology, but the Mac is accessible and now Office is as well.
>
> I agree the iWork suite is not the best in terms of word processing but I have used Numbers and Key Note several times for different things and it works just fine. Keep in mind that Jaws has a partnership with Microsoft directly to provide accessibility for their products. If access to Microsoft Word is a crucial point of your computer usage, Windows with jaws might be your best bet due to their partnership with Microsoft.
>
> Go Devils!
>
> Bryan Duarte
> ASU Software Engineering Graduate Student
> QwikEyes CEO
>

>> On Jan 18, 2016, at 11:16 AM, Robert Spangler via nfbcs <nfbcs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>
>> Robby

Christopher (CJ)