[nfbcs] FW: [NFBT] experience with Salesforce

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Mon Jul 18 17:32:30 UTC 2016

I'm sending this directly to Jennifer also for expedience... I'm also having trouble getting it through my
connection; please someone let me know if multiple copies show up.

I have some limited experience with Salesforce. I found that a lot of attention to accessibility was evident.
The tips and caveats I remember noticing follow:

1. In JAWS at least, the g command for finding the next graphic is a pretty fast way to jump to the start of
content, without a page reload as caused by using the "Skip to main content" link.

2. You probably won't get real-time spoken notifications of error messages when performing actions, but they
tend to appear at the top of the main content area.

3. Some optional modules may differ from Salesforce itself in their accessibility. This seemed true for the
one used for timecard entry.

SSB BART Group           doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com   http://www.ssbbartgroup.com