[nfbcs] Question about Math ML

Cricket Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:26:56 UTC 2016

Kartik,

First, congratulations on your scholarship! It was a pleasure to meet
you at convention. My mom went to Stanwithd, and that's where I'm
hoping to go. I have to get in first though. As for Math ML, I do have
a purpose. I can't say too much because it's a public listserve and I
signed an NDA, but I've been tentatively offered an internship that
would require me to know Math ML. Thanks!

Best,
Cricket Bidleman

On 7/18/16, Kartik Sawhney <sawhney.kartik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Cricket,
>
> What is your purpose of learning MathML? Unlike XML, I haven't seen
> XML being used all that widely in the academia or the industry. Most
> people just use LaTeX and export it to MathML. Do you know LaTeX? If
> not, it might be better to learn that and export it into MathML,
> rather than learning MathML directly, unless you're learning it for a
> specific purpose.
>
> Best,
>
> On 7/18/16, Cricket Bidleman via nfbcs <nfbcs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> Mr. Jacobson,
>>
>> Thanks! I may try that. I thought I'd contact CS first because Math ML
>> is a computer science thing. If this doesn't work, I'll contact the
>> other group. Thanks for the suggestion.
>>
>> Best,
>> Cricket Bidleman
>>
>> On 7/18/16, Steve Jacobson via nfbcs <nfbcs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>>> Cricket,
>>>
>>> If you don't get an answer here, you might one to try our BlindMath list
>>> on
>>> NFBNET.  I know there are people there who have written about this