[nfbcs] Outlook PST files?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun May 1 17:57:20 UTC 2016

Jim,

You should see what is being used for the email account and whether they are
using OUTLOOK.COM or possibly something else with IMAP.  If they are using
OUTLOOK.COM or one of the related Microsoft services like LIVE.COM or
possibly even HOTMAIL.COM, the mail is also stored on the server and Windows
Live Mail will read it from the server without using the PST files.  If they
are using another mail service like Gmail but are using IMAP, the same thing
is true, Windows Live mail will read the messages from the server as long as
it is also set up to use IMAP.  While I don't think Windows Live Mail will
read PST files directly, it seems to me there might be a way to export and
import, but I'm not sure of that.  Louis is right that you could burn up a
lot of time in a hurry.  However, if they keep their mail on a server
through one of the methods described above, Windows Live Mail should be able
to read it.

Best regards,

Steve