[nfbcs] Update on Loss of Voiceover Speech in App

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sun May 15 04:07:11 UTC 2016

Good evening everyone,

                Last week I posted concerning an issue we're having with one
of the apps installed on our iPhones and iPad. The issue concerned the loss
of Voiceover speech when the app is launched. One of our local Apple Stores
investigated this last Thursday and discovered that Voiceover was speeking
but it was extremely soft through the iPhone's speaker but was at a normal
level and could be heard quite easily through headphones when this app is
running on our iPhones. If we shut our iPhones down and restart them the
Voiceover volume through the iPhone's speaker returns to normal. Voiceover
or Siri's folume is not effected when this app runs on our iPad. What can be
done to stop this from happening on our iPhones and how can this issue be
fixed? If any of you can point us to documentation concerning this issue we
can pass on to the developer so they can troubleshoot this issue at the
program level so Voiceover and Siri volume stays at it's desired level when
this and similar apps where this phenomenon occurs are run on all Apple
iDevices? Thanks again for the help.

Peter Donahue