[nfbcs] Accessible editor for C++/Java/Python and their tutorials

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Oct 1 18:21:50 UTC 2016

There was effort toward that goal before windows 10 and bash for windows
became available and from what I understand too many technical problems
were encountered.  Two possible vectors I think are now open to anyone
with capacity to explore them.  First bash for windows using windows 10.
  Second for earlier versions of windows and possibly windows 10 cygwin
and cygwin's bash shell may be a good starting platform.  With emacspeak
more dependencies will have to install correctly before that works no
matter which vector is chosen.  One thing that ought to be found out is
whether the cygwin vector is better than bash on windows 10 and whether
cygwin with all necessary dependencies installed can work with emacspeak
on earlier versions of windows.  Any accessibility bugs ought to be
communicated to the emacspeak list and may get forwarded to
help-gnu-emacs if emacs itself is causing them in that environment.  For
anyone interested in subscribing to help-gnu-emacs all you need do is
try sending a message to the list with a question or bug you found and
you'll be contacted by the list owner and your subscription process will
be carried on from there.  To read about work done on emacspeak and
windows google emacspeak windows and to subscribe to the emacspeak list
send email to emacspeak-request at cs.vassar.edu.  This testing is probably
best done in an accessibility lab setting too.