[nfbcs] Blind computer information systems major

Sabra Ewing sabra1023 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 18:30:08 UTC 2016

I am looking for a blind person who has completed a computer information systems degree or who has at least fulfill their visual basic requirements. I looking to discuss using visual studio is specifically to complete the visual basic requirements for these courses. Further, I was looking to discuss how to advocate for appropriate accommodations and how to know whether an accommodation is reasonable when working with people who know nothing about The language or the software. For example, I want to say that even when I receive copies of the course material, I cannot understand the code because the controls are not appropriately labeled. They say it must just be a problem with jaws. I respond that it is not, But I can't really argue with someone who knows nothing about it. I have also been advised to switch to a computer science degree on the grounds that blind people at the college have a completed it without regard for my particular strengths and the fact that computer science would not be a good fit for me. Therefore, if you know of a computer information systems major, or you are one yourself, and you could contact me, that would be great. Thank you.

Sabra Ewing