[nfbcs] Emptying Trash Folders on iDevices

Deborah Armstrong armstrongdeborah at fhda.edu
Mon Sep 12 21:00:29 UTC 2016

One other tip: Under the list in storage, showing all the apps and how much space they, and their data consume, I use a two-finger flick down to read all the data in to a digital recorder. I just pres record and use the two-finger flick. This gives me a record of the apps so I don't have to go through the list again and again.

In this list, you can double-tap on the app, and see a detail screen showing how much storage the app consumes and how much storage its data consumes. You can also delete the app from that screen, which makes it disappear; then the list takes a while to refresh.

So there are actually two ways to remove apps.

Unlike Android, in iOS, the only way to remove the data in a batch is to remove the app. Sometimes that's quicker; remove Bard, Read2Go or Kindle, re-install them from your app store and you get the app without the data.

--Debee