[nfbcs] Computer not responsive to activating an app

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 07:42:14 UTC 2016

Hello,

Here's an interesting thing that  literally just began happening a few days
ago, and I'm not sure why or what's going on.

I'm running Windows 10 and JAWS 17 and generally have no issues.

Lately, I've tried running Internet Explorer so as to work on the internet.
I hit my Windows key, type Internet, and it generally finds the Internet
Explorer desktop app, which I've been using for a long time.

However, when I hit enter to activate it, the way I've always done,
absolutely nothing happens!  Never used to be that way.

Now, if I try this with another app such as Outlook or Word or Firefox, and
if I follow the same procedure, things work as they should and the app runs.

Now, if I decide to "run" google or something, it will work and open with
Internet Explorer.  Then I can work as normal.

Also, one of the function keys on my keyboard is set to run Internet
Explorer.  That no longer activates the app if I'm simply trying to get
there initially.  .  However, if I'm already on the internet after having
"run" a program like Google, then it works fine and opens up another
instance of that app.

I spent some time trying to figure this out before asking these questions.
I do find it quite weird that this trouble only happens with one
app.Internet Explorer.

Thanks for any help.

Jim