[nfbcs] jaws on virtual win10

Jeanine Lineback jeanine.lineback at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 13:07:58 UTC 2017

Hi Brian,
The simplest answer for my Choice of a Mac with windows 10 running under a VM is that I need to be able to test on both the Mack OS as well as windows for my job. I am a senior level accessibility consultant so I have to be able to test on multiple platforms.
However, the other reason I really liked, and yes that was liked, the Mac hardware prior to 2015/2016. I have a 2014 MacBook Pro, the 13 inch version, because I don't need to worry about using the screen. :-) I would not however be interested in purchasing a Mac after 2015 or 2016 with the Touch Bar and some of the other features that I feel have been downgraded since the earlier MacBooks. Also, if I had it to do over again I would not set up of the M to run windows. Instead, I would use Boot Camp and load windows as a separate OS. The reason I would make this decision differently is because Windows 10 would run much faster on the MacBook hardware if it was loading under Boot Camp as a separate operating system. I could still change that arrangement, but because this is a computer through my employer, I have to get IT involved in order to make that change. Even though I could do it myself, since the computer belongs to my employer, they would need to be the ones to uninstall the VM and reinstall it as a boot camp set up. I hope this helps somewhat.

Dictated on an iPhone.