[nfbcs] jaws so sensitive is BS!

John Heim john at johnheim.com
Fri Dec 29 15:21:47 UTC 2017

Right, years ago, Freedom Scientific made a choice to put preventing
piracy ahead of customer service. Admittedly, there is always a balance
to maintain there. Licensing is always an inconvenience. But I've never
seen any other company put the emphasis so much on preventing piracy.
I'd be interesting in hearing if you know of any other desktop tool that
has a licensing policy like jaws.

Years ago, the NFB was part of a group that asked Microsoft not to
develop a screen reader for Windows. I was very much against it at the
time, BTW. But we did this in large part to protect jaws. IMO, your
company now has an obligation to serve the blindness community. I think
you have an obligation to rethink this policy.