[nfbcs] latex benefits

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Wed Jan 25 04:37:40 UTC 2017

There is not an easy way to get from LaTex to an output that works well with
screen readers, at least not in my experience. Once in PDF form, you would
need to find a way to get it back into word or whatever you wanted to use.
There are several ways to do this:
1. Copy and paste the text (not a good idea)
2. If you have a gmail account, send the file to yourself and open it on the
internet where the attachment will also be available as HTML
3. Buy Adobe Acrobat and save it as another format
4. Use JAWS to ocr the entire document (loses formatting)
5. Find one of the online services that converts PDF's to other formats
Perhaps I missed something, but, if you want something that a screen reader
can read and/or in another format other than PDF, why are you using LaTeX?