[nfbcs] Research: Please Help

Michael mausbun at nevada.unr.edu
Mon Mar 6 19:32:40 UTC 2017

                                Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael Ausbun, and I am currently a student at the Louisiana
Center for the Blind. When I was a high school student in rural Nevada, I
once aspired to be a computer scientist. Like many blind people, I was told
that "Blind people do not do such things;" not knowing any other blind
people at the time, I chose to undertake a different path entirely.

                I am attempting to conduct research, to write a
comprehensive guide for prospective blind computer science majors. I sent
these questions out to the list once, but received very few responses. I was
told that I should allow for an anonymous method for folks to respond.
Please find that
<https://docs.google.com/a/nevada.unr.edu/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfRPv-SDhQOdP2oKp
CcbQEcJYoTBJbUGhHiRxn2BiPRyW80DA/viewform?c=0&w=1> here.

                Thank you for your time, attention, and efforts. I think
that this could, depending on the results, improve the experience for blind
students. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach me at
mausbun at nevada.unr.edu <mailto:mausbun at nevada.unr.edu> . Also feel free to
send this to other folks you think might be willing to fill this survey out.

Respectfully,

Michael Ausbun