[nfbcs] Chrome, Jaws and work

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Oct 4 11:22:33 UTC 2017

I just got a notice at work saying our required annual training should be
completed using Google Chrome.  I've never used Chrome, or wanted to.  I'd
heard it didn't work well with Jaws, and I'll have to use ChromeVox to use
it.  Is that true?  Is it hard to learn?

The annual training is difficult to complete using a screen reader I
know-lots of mouse clicks required that can't be simulated with spacebar or
enter.

Maybe the best solution will end up being to have some joker from HR stand
next to me and do the clicking and all, since they are in charge of the app
and its accessibility, or lack thereof.  "Inclusion" seldom includes blind
people.

Please advise about Chrome.

Tracy

I I