[nfbcs] Pivot tables with JAWS 18

Glen Gordon GGordon at VFOGroup.com
Thu Oct 26 15:33:10 UTC 2017

Daniel,

Assuming you're running Office 365 and the version of Excel that ships with it, the various controls for creating/manipulating the columns of the table are accessible.
I'm not a pivot table expert but if you're tenatious you should be able to get things done.

I mention Office 365 in particular because Microsoft has made substantial accessibility improvements across the suite since the original Office 2016 release. These are only available in the O365 version.
If you don't already have Office 365, I think you can get a free trial for a month and you'll be able to play with pivit tables yourself before applying.

--Glen

Glen Gordon
VFO | Vice President & Chief Technology Officer
11800 31st Court North, St. Petersburg, FL 33716
T 727-299-6230
ggordon at vfo-group.com
www.vfo-group.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs [mailto:nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Meek via nfbcs
Sent: Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:10 AM
To: NFB in Computer Science Mailing List <nfbcs at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Daniel Meek <dmmeek at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [nfbcs] Pivot tables with JAWS 18

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for responding.  It will be accounting data; most likely raw transaction data.  It's in regard to a potential job, and one of the requirements is familiarity with pivot tables.  I'm assuming the pivot tables will be for presentation purposes, as well as a means for narrowing down sub-sections of data.
I know I could get the same results with filtering the data; just in a different format.  I was just curious if there was an accessible way to utilize the pivot table.
Daniel