[nfbcs] The Future of Technology: A Journey

Andy Borka sonfire11 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 16:05:57 UTC 2018

>" Looking around at people I know, some of them have given up looking for
work, after spending a lot of time and effort struggling against prejudices
against hiring them and against inaccessible systems, including masses of
hand-written paper."
Just the point. We should be working on making employers understand their
systems don't work, not necessarily the other way around. There are handfuls
of qualified blind people. The problem isn't the blind people, it's the
employers. Give the uplifting push to the qualified blind person, but
sometimes employers need a very hard hit with the proverbial hammer.