[nfbcs] The Future of Technology: A Journey

Andy Borka sonfire11 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 16:31:53 UTC 2018

Yea, and more focus is often put on motivating blind people to work rather
than the legal requirement to hire blind candidates. Even if we put more
emphasis on employers, employers hide discrimination easily. Since the ADA
(2008) has no resolution for such a problem, this might be a legal issue.
Don't force blind people into a box. Are you telling me that if a blind
person passes up a chance to own a business, they were foolish or
unmotivated to work? Like sighted people, blind people have whims, wishes,
wants, and passions. Maybe running/owning a business is not one of those on
the priority list. I am totally blind and wish I could work in healthcare
administration. However, Epic seems to be an epic failure in accessibility.
Am I unmotivated to work, or is technology holding me back from a dream job?
I wanted to be a veterinarian in the past. I finished my 250 hours of
required volunteer work. At the time, I could see a fair amount. There isn't
anything wrong with hiring qualified sergeons to pick up the slack, right?
Wrong! According to the "sighted person's world", this is impossible and
needs to stop. So, is being denied from every available school to me being
unmotivated to work, or is the "system" causing problems? In any case, you
get my point. A blind person is motivated to work, but denied every chance
they get for one reason or another. Like I said, the focus should be
employers and the general public, not blind people. They give up because
they are exhausted from being motivated and getting nowhere.