[nfbcs] OpenGL and C++

Lanie Molinar laniemolinar91 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 19:34:21 UTC 2018

Hi, everyone. I'm taking another programming class this semester about
object-oriented programming with C++, and this week, we're starting
programming projects using graphics and OpenGL. I have no experience
with OpenGL and have a few questions. Is working with it at all
accessible with screen readers? If so, do I need to do anything special
to make it work? The resources I have for this class recommend using a
virtual machine for graphics assignments, setting PuTTY up to work with
graphics, using MobaXTerm, which was not accessible last time I tried
it, or using Visual Studio with the OpenGL packages that are available.
I thought about using a virtual machine, but the recommended one for my
class is VirtualBox, which doesn't seem to work with NVDA. I was told
about a free version of VMWare but couldn't get it to work. Is there
another virtual machine program that's accessible and free or very
low-cost? Are any of these ways of programming with graphics accessible?
If so, which ones, and what do I need to do to get set up? If none are
accessible, I'll request alternative assignments. Please let me know
what you think as soon as possible so I can figure this out. Thanks.

---
http://www.avg.com