[nfbcs] JAWS does not read the Windows 10 CMD prompt automatically

Glen Gordon GGordon at VFOGroup.com
Mon Feb 12 20:50:20 UTC 2018

Hi, JooYoung,

Changes in the Fall Creators' update required that JAWS rework how it detects newly written text in console windows. This is fixed in the current version of JAWS 2018.
Unfortunately, there isn't a workaround for earlier JAWS versions.

--Glen

Glen Gordon
VFO | Vice President & Chief Technology Officer
11800 31st Court North, St. Petersburg, FL 33716
T 727-299-6230
ggordon at vfo-group.com
www.vfo-group.com

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs <nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Jooyoung via nfbcs
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 2:09 PM
To: 'NFB in Computer Science Mailing List' <nfbcs at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Jooyoung <sjysky at gmail.com>
Subject: [nfbcs] JAWS does not read the Windows 10 CMD prompt automatically

Hello,

I have a question concerning Windows 10 CMD prompt reading with JAWS.

I have recently set up JAWS 17 on Windows 10 system.

If I open a CMD window, JAWS does not read the command prompt automatically; I have to manually use the JAWS cursor to interact with the screen.

FYI, I have already set the "Screen Echo" as "All," and I also have tried "Highlighted" as well. But none of them worked.

I opened the prompt using administrator's permission. Also, I tried just general user permission. Regretably, none of them worked, either.

Does anyone know how to tackle this issue?

Any advice would be so much appreciated.

Sincerely,

JooYoung