[nfbcs] Does anyone succeed in emacspeak installation on Cygwin?

Tony Malykh anton.malykh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 18:24:44 UTC 2018

Hi JooYoung,

I tried emacspeak in cygwin a year ago and ran into some problems. I
believe I made a conclusion that this configuration was broken, since I
found other people on the internet running into the same problem. People
on emacspeak list suggested to just run native emacspeak for windows.

Another option you might try is to install emacspeak in WSL - but WSL
requires Windows 10. Also WSL doesn't support sound (yet), but I managed
to hook it up to windows SAPI speech server:

https://github.com/SaqibS/emacspeak-on-windows

And this worked for me although audio icons weren't working. And also in
this case you'd have to write scripts to make copy/paste/kill/yank
functions to interoperate with Windows clipboard. In native emacs
copy/paste works out-of-the-box.

Cheers

Tony