[nfbcs] Questions regarding JAWS and NVDA

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:05:21 UTC 2018

Good morning,

I have a couple of questions regarding both the differences and uses of JAWS
and NVDA.

First of all, does anyone know if NVDA is used much in a work place or even
school (such as college) environment?  Is JAWS still considered to be the
leading screen reader for blind PC users?

Finally, in training environments, such as training centers or personal
computer training, which screen reader seems to be preferred these days?

I'm working with someone right now who has NVDA on his computer but who
would like to learn JAWS because of its wider use in school and work
environments. This is why I thought it would be good to ask.

Thanks much.

Jim