[nfbcs] Laptop without bloatware

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Tue May 29 16:59:12 UTC 2018

That's fine. I did this on a brand new HP Envy, so I wasn't worried
about losing any data, licenses, or preinstalled applications. It's just
a matter of downloading a tool from the site I provided and then running
it. There's no need to create any install media. All of the instructions
and information is right there on the site I provided. I'm pretty sure I
did all of this with no sighted help, but I did it about a year ago, so
my memory might be a bit fuzzy. I also figured if anything went wrong, I
could still go into HP's recovery mode and return my laptop to the way
it was when I purchased it. Obviously this would require some sighted
help, but if you have that then there's nothing to lose except time. Of
course, I get it if someone is willing to pay a manufacturer a bit more
for a system where you get a clean install of Windows and don't need to
go through these steps. I can't tell anyone else how to spend their
money or whether it's worth it or not. That's up to each person to
decide. I don't mind spending the extra money myself, but in this case,
I wanted to see what would happen, and I was willing to take the chance
and spend the time. For me, it paid off.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbcs_nfbnet.org/nancy.l.coffman%40gmail.c