[nfbcs] C++ question

gwunder at earthlink.net gwunder at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 12 01:19:44 UTC 2018

My grandson has asked for his grandfather's help, and although I have not
coded in C++, so far I've been able to help. We are stumped by the need to
convert a string to one case. It matters not at all to us if that is upper
or lower case. We need to see if a string read forward or backward is the
same-a palindrome. Though we find a function called toupper, we do not find
the library in which it resides. It appears not to work on more than one
character at a time.

So if any of you can write me off list, how do we convert a string to one
case?

Thank you.