[nfbcs] purpose of division

Bryan Schulz b.schulz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 23 21:49:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

This may be a bit off topic because it is actually a web site issue.

In my opinion the cs division doesn't do much especially towards advocacy
with topics that affect using computers/web sites.

Several months ago, there was no interest by the division to address cisco
software or the topic of accessible comptia/Microsoft testing software.

My point today deals with website captia systems.

You have probably had to ask for visual assistance with what happens after
you check the box with the words 'I am not a robot'.

Blind computer users are not going to know which pictures to click when the
instruction says something like click all of the stop signs.

You will probably react by saying use aira and the person will tell you
where to move the mouse.

Well the cheapest plan is about $50 a month for only 60 minutes of help time
and that shouldn't be required.

I had to place an order today to get a great deal and couldn't wait for
someone to respond from the company and was able to create an account after
obtaining visual assistance.

I continue to feel left to flap in the wind by the nfb/nfbcs and it seems
nothing is done once a year other than asking several people to speak at the
division meeting at the convention.

I'm sure this will ruffle feathers but so what, nothing is being done anyway
so tell me the purpose of the division!

Bryan Schulz

---
https://www.avg.com