[nfbcs] Problems with JAWS and TeXnicCenter on Windows 10

Nicole Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Mon Oct 22 17:57:24 UTC 2018

Does anyone use TeXnicCenter with JAWS on Windows 10? On Windows 7 and earlier, it worked fine. Now, the old version that I have does not work on Windows 10—it is as though JAWS can tell that the text is there but cannot navigate by character, word, line, etc. I tried installing a newer version, but it also has problems—JAWS does not read all of the text, and some of the characters disappear even from the Braille display. Also, some of the autoformatting seems to be more advanced, and I cannot figure out how to get it to do what I want, such as hold the indent for consecutive lines with actual spaces instead of whatever weird marker it is using. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Nicole