[nfbcs] Timed exams

Bryan Schulz b.schulz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 5 18:25:31 UTC 2019

Hi,

Certiport will provide double time.
Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbcs <nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Tracy Carcione via nfbcs
Sent: Friday, April 5, 2019 12:21 PM
To: 'NFB in Computer Science Mailing List' <nfbcs at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Tracy Carcione <carcione at access.net>
Subject: [nfbcs] Timed exams

Is there a standard reasonable accommodation for timed exams?

Eventually, when I feel I've mastered the material, I will be taking an exam
to get certified in the training I'm taking for work.  I think my sighted
colleagues get around 2 hours to finish it.  From taking an untimed exam, I
can already tell it will take me quite a bit longer, just because of the way
screen readers work.  I was arrowing up and down a lot, reading the question
and answers, then re-checking the question to decide which answer was best.

I haven't discussed the exam with the trainers/certifiers yet, but I'd like
to have some idea of what would be reasonable before I do.  They're working
hard to be accessible, but they haven't had an actual Jaws user before, so
they may not have any better idea what should be done than I do.

Thanks.

Tracy