[nfbcs] 40-cell braille display

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Apr 9 13:10:55 UTC 2019

I'm thinking of buying a new braille display.  I like my Alva, but it's
getting hard to find someone to do maintenance on it.  I don't want any
bells and whistles--no input keys or storage.  All I want is a 40-cell
display with a USB connection and cursor routing keys, and that looks like
it will be supported for a good while.  I've been bit a couple times
lately by companies that seemed reliable suddenly disappearing.
My research has not really turned up much.  Any recommendations?  Anything
more affordable coming down the pike?  I'd love to get the Canute, but who
knows if that will ever actually come out.
Thanks.
Tracy