[NFBCS] Linux users

Jack Heim john at johnheim.com
Mon Aug 5 20:10:00 UTC 2019

Use a tool like sshfs to mount a remote file system and then use a
graphical text editor or IDE on your desktop machine.

Specifically, I use sshfs to mount a folder or file system on a remote
server if I have to do anything more than minor edits. You could use
samba or nfs but sshfs has the advantage in that it does not require any
additional software running on the remote machine. Any machine you can
ssh to can be accessed via sshfs. So you mount your config directory or
program directory via sshfs and then edit the files with a GUI text
editor or IDE running on your desktop.