[NFBCS] Jaws scripts and terminal emulation

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Dec 9 15:37:25 UTC 2019

I have been using the same Jaws script and terminal emulator for more than
20 years, and they still work very well.  However, my boss would prefer, if
possible, that I use the same emulator as my co-workers.  I'm OK with that,
but it behaves erratically.

When I log in or out, Jaws crashes and has to be restarted.  I researched
that with a helpful person on this list who works for Freedom Scientific,
and he identified the crash as a script problem.

Moving around in Edit, Jaws reports a different character under the cursor
than the braille display shows, and the braille is right.  But, other times,
the braille display starts jumping, flipping back and forth too rapidly to
read.  Both these things are deal-breakers for me.

Are these probably issues with the script, as well?

Could we hire a consultant to fix the script I have now?  It works very
well, for the most part.

How would we test any mods, if the consultant doesn't have a terminal
emulator?

What would be the estimated cost of such a project?

If a script writing consultant wants to write offlist, my email is
Carcione at access.net.

Thanks.

Tracy