[NFBCS] Jaws scripts and terminal emulation

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at outlook.com
Tue Dec 10 03:49:31 UTC 2019

Tracy,

Which emulator are you having trouble with?  I tried to use the Moccia 3270 emulator because they were moving to that at work, and although I got it to work, the response to cursor movement was terrible.  It seemed to be using a very slow blink rate that I could not change.  I have had pretty good luck with IBM's Personal Communication 3270 emulator, I think version 6.2, and that works pretty well once one changes some settings.  I have never done much with a script, though, other than getting me the cursor location and a few things like that.

I think it would be pretty hard to do a script without access to the emulator.  The script may be making JAWS crash and the likely crash can probably be found, but it sounds like there are interactions with the cursor that are not correct as well.  Maybe I am wrong, though.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson