[nfbcs] using NETBeans

Timothy Breitenfeldt timothyjb310 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 01:52:50 UTC 2019

Hi, I have not looked at netbeans in several years, but last time I
checked it was not accessible at all. there is a plugin called
sodbeans that was developed, heavily targeting accessibility, however
it was created to support the programming language Quorum, an
interesting language that was created syntactically based on user
feedback. From what I remember Sodbeans also supported the other
languages that Netbeans supports, such as java, but I am not sure if
there were any limitations if you weren't programming in Quarum.

I haven't checked out sodbeans in a couple years, but when I did,
there were still a lot of bugs they were working out. It was usable by
Jaws and NVDA, and even voiceover on Mac. I would be very interested
to learn how the project is coming along.

The quorum homepage where you can download sodbeans is here:

https://quorumlanguage.com/

As far as using the Java JDK, if you are open to other development
environments you could just use the command line and any text editor
you want, or use Eclipse, which is accessible out of the box for the
most part using Jaws and NVDA.

I have been programming in Java for the past 2 and a half years at my
University, and used the commandline for a long time, and recently
started using eclipse.

TJ Breitenfeldt