[nfbcs] Training and access

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Feb 5 18:33:49 UTC 2019

I'm wondering if I'm making too big a deal of using Jaws during my
upcoming training.  Last time I did training on a new system, when I
actually got Jaws to work with the training system, after hours of effort
from several people, I couldn't really use it in class.  The effort of
figuring out how to get Jaws to do the things the instructor was saying,
while still paying attention to the content of the class, was too much, so
I stopped and only used Jaws during the down time.  Then, I was able to
figure out some things and make them work, and figure out that other
things were not going to work at all.  That was somewhat useful, because
it told me which parts of the class I'd be able to use.  But I still
understood the content of the class, without Jaws.
I'd be interested to hear other people's perspectives on having access
during training, when the object of the training is not about
accessibility. Or am I wrong about that?
Tracy