[NFBCS] Disk partition map scheme question.

maurice.mines maurice.mines at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 23:13:37 UTC 2019

I have a modification to my original post, the 250 GB drive is an
external USB drive it is not the boot drive of the system.

Since I am using OS X Mohave. The boot disk must be  “Guid”
partition map scheme according to Apple.

The Boot Camp partition does indeed have Windows 10 professional on.
When I set that up it was quite difficult to get apples boot camp
creation tool to play along with an AP FS disc. At this point since
it’s not broken on my drive, meaning the boot drive. I’m certainly
not going to go out and fix it. If I want to use UNIX, or some other
operating system I’ll have to use VMware for that.

I used to have my windows running in a virtual machine. But there were
too many jobs for Windows issues. Not to mention sound card issues,
thumb drive access issues etc. I have far fewer under Boot Camp these
days.

The issue with the thumb drive is I need to encrypt it because my
braille no touch classic for the purposes of this email has ceased to
function there are an awful lot of passwords and the documents directory
of the thumb drive. So I’m in the process of encrypting that drive to
make very sure that no one gets all of my passwords. I figured no one is
going to be able to read in a PFS encrypted desk and less there me. Not
to mention the boot disk is encrypted as well. However the boot camp
partition that Windows 10 professional is on is not encrypted. I did
investigate doing that but everything nice found when doing the research
said don’t do this because Windows would then become inoperable.
There’s the whole story.

Sincerely Maurice Mines.