[nfbcs] Using CSS Without Sight

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 04:13:17 UTC 2019

I haven't watched the video yet, but I use JAWS-key+f all of the time. I
use it when composing emails and documents and I want to make sure that
I'm getting the formatting right. I also use it when reading emails,
documents and web pages, and I think some additional information is
being conveyed through a color or font change.

On 6/11/19 10:35 AM, Timothy Breitenfeldt via nfbcs wrote:
> Hi, I watched your video, and found it pretty interesting. I am a
> computer science major, and have done a lot of web programming. Any
> time CSS came up, I had to either skip the visual design, or pass it
> on to a team member. You implied that there are other ways of
> detecting formatting, can you share what the shortcut keys are which
> will give that information? The only one you mentioned in the video
> was
> insert + f,
> which I knew about, but have never found a big use for it.
>
> TJ Breitenfeldt
>
> On 6/10/19, Taylor Arndt via nfbcs <nfbcs at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> I have no idea if this video is going to be of any use because I made it out
>> of desperation so that people would have an idea of how to use CSS but here
>> is the video in case it might be of interest
>> https://youtu.be/hLA87a8BNaU
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jun 10, 2019, at 4:02 PM, Lanie Molinar via nfbcs <nfbcs at nfbnet.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi, everyone. I'm sending this to several lists and hoping someone might
>>> be able to help me. I'm learning HTML and CSS through FreeCodeCamp
>>> <https://www.freecodecamp.org>, and I'm doing great with the HTML part,
>>> but I only got through the parts teaching basic CSS and applied visual
>>> design because the exercises told me exactly what to do. Now, I'm working
>>> on the projects at the end of the HTML and CSS sections for practice, and
>>> each one has user stories, certain tests you have to complete to pass the
>>> project. I got through the first two with no CSS, but the one I'm working
>>> on now, located here
>>> <https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-projects/build-a-product-landing-page/>,
>>> requires CSS to pass. I could probably write up some CSS, but once I get
>>> there, I have no idea where in my project to put it or what properties to
>>> use. Specifically, this project requires CSS flexbox. From what I can
>>> tell, there's no way to pass this project without using CSS since it won't
>>> pass all the automated tests. Has anyone been able to learn and use CSS
>>> without sight, and if so, do you have any tips or suggestions that might
>>> help me? Thanks.

>> nfbcs:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbcs_nfbnet.org/timothyjb310%40gmail.com

Christopher (CJ)