[NFBCS] Email chains

Joseph C. Lininger joe at pcdesk.net
Sat Sep 14 20:07:14 UTC 2019

Tracy,
This is, unfortunately, one of those work place annoyances that pretty
much everyone has to deal with. Not that it particularly helps you to
hear this, but this is actually annoying to sighted and blind folks
alike. It is considered polite to trim everything but the From: Subject:
and possibly Date: headers when forwarding a message for a couple of
reasons. However, most people don't bother and thereby irritate everyone
that receives the message.

As for dealing with it, I suggest using the search function as already
suggested by others. Looking for the word "Subject:" will usually take
you past most of the other headers, at least in that forward. If the
important part is beneath several layers of forwarding, you'll have to
do the search once for each layer to get past the headers. Don't just
keep doing it until you hit the end, though, because some people have a
maddening habit of putting important stuff before a forward, then
forwarding with gobs of headers. If people then forward that second
level forward, now you've got too places that have information you may
need to see which are both buried under headers.
Joe