[NFBCS] Sonification of graphs

Glen Gordon GGordon at Vispero.com
Wed Apr 1 13:16:46 UTC 2020

SAS offers a free Chrome plugin called the SAS Graphics accelerator that takes tabular data and sonifys it.
http://support.sas.com/misc/accessibility/ Will get you to more information.

--Glen

Glen Gordon
Vispero(tm) | Software Fellow
17757 US Highway 19 N, Suite 560, Clearwater, FL 33764
T 727-803-8000 F 727-803-8001
ggordon at vispero.com<mailto:ggordon at vispero.com>
www.vispero.com<http://www.vispero.com/>

From: NFBCS <nfbcs-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Ed Barnes via NFBCS
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2020 8:11 AM
To: 'NFB in Computer Science Mailing List' <nfbcs at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Ed Barnes <edbarnes7 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [NFBCS] Sonification of graphs

Hi Tracey.
A programmer I am not and to be honest I have no current use for the technology of which you are speaking, however; given the way that nvda uses beeps to sonify the progress bars on screen as you install software and the like, I wonder if that technology nvda employs or that particular method of technical leverage can be used to sonify the graphs as you suggest below?
Just a thought!